Steve's Day Steve's Day

Was going to blam it

at first, for being a low effort stick flash, especially after you said you made it in an hour, but it exceeded my expectations after the first few seconds and it was too damn funny :D You should spend more time on your flashes, would be pretty good.

MattMinisodes responds:

Yeah, the only reason I made this was to excuse my other one I uploaded, which was a good animation that I spent a week on, but got screwed up in the process of try to put in a loading bar lol. So I made this one so I wont have a crappy video tomarrow. I'm working on a long term project, and a binch of short term ones :D The music I put in afterwards... Turns out it fit PERFECTLY lol XD

Cat Face ep.10 Cat Face ep.10

Nitpicking

Another quality Cat Face, random humor and it looks great in fullscreen. Except the background gets a bit pixelated, I've noticed this in a bunch of your stuff. Not a big issue but I think if you brought the quality of the background up to everything else it could really polish the look off. I love the scribbly crayon backgrounds and Cat Face is animated so smoothly, the two go together quite nicely. But when the background gets pixelated in fullscreen and Cat Face stays high def, I think it puts a bit too much contrast between the character and the background and kind of ruins the look. I'm nitpicking here but I think it's something you might want to address. Asides from that, great job.

Fallen Angel Ep. 1 (Pt2) Fallen Angel Ep. 1 (Pt2)

OMGWTF

(I'm reviewing this one because I think it's the best out of the 3, well the third one is very close, i can't quite decide)

What really blew me away was how it feels like I'm actually watching a movie. The "camera" pans feel so professional, it looks completely realistic and grabs your attention. I seriously don't know how you did this, got such a fluidity to your animation. There's nothing that's really awkward. I think you could make it as a director. You really have a sense for what creates a mood, and holds people's attention. I think in this series you have a few weak points though. Even though the art is amazing, it's kind of inconsistent. Also the dialogue is a bit cheesy. I think that when there's silence, it works so well... it brings a sense of desolation and tension that is just immense. I think silence is a lost art form and you really use it well here. (in the third one in the scene with the soldiers at the beginning, I think the dialogue is weak and unnecessary and kind of ruins the tension) Also, my favorite part here is where her car crashes over the barrier and into the tree, when her surfboard goes through the window, it's purely epic. I think it's one of the most memorable scenes in the trilogy and is truly haunting.

ANYWAY, overall I am utterly shocked at how amazing this is, and don't care about any flaws. Best thing I've seen on Newgrounds in a very long time. You fucking rock :D

&amp;lt; lightBot &amp;gt; < lightBot >

I feel stupid.

I got stuck at the 10th level. For hours. I even wrote down the two possible paths on paper and tried to pick out every possible pattern to use as functions but I still couldn't get something that worked. This scares me because I'm going to be learning programming next year XD I think this is a really cool game and makes you think a lot, but it seems really hard for the average person. I wish the difficulty would go up more slowly between levels. It's great that you added the save and load function though.

RhythmWorld RhythmWorld

could be better

It's a very good game but there are a few things that could make it better.

The hand sync function is both very good and very bad, though I guess it is the quickest and most effective method.

Things that could be added/changed:

*Being able to sort by game type
*Being able to search for songs "synced by" (if you find a song that's amazingly synced, you want to find other ones that the same person did)
*A "random songs" sorting function
*The spacebar multiplier is not very good because it stops whenever you miss a note. It should just last for a certain time limit.

Also there is a glitch where in fret mode you can't hold all four buttons down but you can chart them. I've played a few songs that use a massive amount of all four buttons at once, they are unplayable.

That's all I can think of right now that's wrong with it, otherwise I find this very addicting!

Coolio-Niato responds:

Random songs and synced by we'll look into making.

protectorate protectorate

Pretty cool

First off, thanks for using my song! I don't really see how it fits though, menu music? I think the other song is great for this. (Hope you get the audio fixed)

I like this game, it could use some improvement though.

Good:
*The menu is very well done and professional looking, I think the simplicity works well
*I like the color scheme and the graphics, they're pretty smooth
*Gameplay is super fast paced and simple, great time waster

Bad:
*The game doesn't really go anywhere, and it seems like you can only loose in the end
*The difficulty increases really slowly, I was playing for 16 minutes until I lost (it got hard really fast at the end, weird) I think it would be good if it got hard pretty fast before it gets boring.

Rig - Broken Glass Rig - Broken Glass

O___o

Wow there are some really cool effects here... I like the pitch modulation. Could I possibly sample little bits and pieces of this? I would credit you. I think it would be great for glitch/idm

Rig responds:

Go for it, let me know when you have something!

&amp;lt;MWA&amp;gt; Don't Forget [DEMO] <MWA> Don't Forget [DEMO]

chill

I like the mood here, it's well mixed with plenty of space to breathe. I really like the break at the end. I don't know how I feel about the bass though. The portamento/glide makes it really weird sometimes. It sounds great at the end of the measure, but when you have several notes clustered together it's really just causing problems and sounding sloppy. (like at :11-:13) What I recommend doing is duplicating the bass and for those shorter notes, transfer them to the second synth, and bring the portamento/glide time wayyyy down, or otherwise change the sound. Try to make it more dynamic. I guarantee that will help a lot. And I'm not really a huge fan of the overall sound of the bass either but I like more electro, saw basses anyway so just personal taste. But it works here and you're on the right track.

mjattie responds:

hey thanks for the tips, I'll certenly take a look closer look at it, today or tomorrow! On the other hand, if I reduse portamento and slide down a lot on that second synth you mention, it'll loose some of it's diry feeling, which I presonally like

Btw the saw bass you mention is actually a soft bass with fuzz distortion XD

thanks for the tips and 9/10 I appreciated.

Btw what software do you use? I use Reason 4.0

[RM] - EnTranced Space WIP [RM] - EnTranced Space WIP

Dude...

I can hear the bass clipping... not good. Back off on the compression, the whole mix is really squashed sounding. You loose dynamics the punchiness of sounds that way, especially kicks and high hats. Don't try to make it this loud it just doesn't pay off. Professional songs get really loud from careful mastering and brickwall limiting, and it's not easy to get right.

Overall pretty generic sounding but it progresses nicely. And I hear the sour note people are talking about. It's because you go out of key and hit a minor chord. It happens at 1:00, just change that middle note in the 3 note arpeggio, move it up a half step and you'll be good.

Randomizor responds:

Thanks for the helpful review ;D

Cannibalistic Jaw Fish Cannibalistic Jaw Fish

I love you

You're a fan of MC Escher I'm guessing?